and to Chris, for the close-up attachment!
This is interesting stuff! Here is what I read about it (this is not medical advice, so research it for yourself):
- It’s long been a popular crop to feed the honey bees.
- It’s a popular additive to herbal remedies to treat menopausal symptoms and colds.
- Some use it in salads, others dry it and use it as tea.
- It’s thought by some to interfere with the breeding of livestock.
- It contains coumarin and will thin the blood, so if you are on a blood thinner already, don’t be making tea out of this plant!
Go here to learn more about red clover.